I would like to share with you what I’ve learned about life, during my 19 years on this planet! Hopefully this may help and motivate some of you and help change the way you think about certain things, in order to make your life better!
I made a YouTube video about this as well, but I thought I’d also do a blog post! The link to my YouTube channel is on my page!
Here are things that I’ve learned, whilst growing up:
- BE YOURSELF. Yes, I know it’s cheesy, but that means it’s true, right? The only person you can be is you, otherwise you’re only fooling yourself, if you try to be someone you’re not. Find your uniqueness in YOU and what makes you different from other people and express that. Do what you love and stick to what makes you you!
- DON’T CARE WHAT OTHERS THINK OF YOU! If you’re doing something that you truly love and what makes you happy, without hurting or offending anyone then who’s to stop you from continuing to do that? Don’t let people bring you down and make you feel like you can’t do something; if you feel like you’re destined to do something then do it! Think about it, in 10 years time, you probably won’t be around these people, so in the long term, it can really help you out!
- NEVER SET YOUR EXPECTATIONS TOO HIGH OR TOO LOW. SET THEM IN THE MIDDLE! I’ve learned that in situations where you’re unsure of the result of something, then don’t expect too much, because you may be very upset at the result, if you don’t get what you’re expecting. But, don’t expect too less either, because sometimes you never know what could happen; you could be surprised at the result! So, have faith and belief in yourself, because everyone needs that!
- Be a LEADER and not FOLLOWER! Don’t follow everyone, because ‘everyone’ is doing something or you believe that everyone must be right if they think something. NO. It’s okay to have different opinions to the majority; don’t feel like you have to go along with everyone. If you feel that you know something is right, then follow what is right, LEAD yourself!
- ALWAYS TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS. If your heart is telling you that you NEED to do something, then do it!
- DON’T TRUST EVERYONE WITH EVERYTHING! Tell things to the people that you know you trust!
- NEVER EVER PUT YOURSELF BELOW ANYONE. Even if you think that they’re better than you, you don’t need extra respect for them. You’re both equal. Never underestimate yourself.
- IT’S OKAY TO LOSE PEOPLE. If people are not worthy of being in your life, let them go. They don’t NEED to be in your life.
- DON’T LET HATE AFFECT YOU. Laugh it off, ignore it, be clever or kill them with kindness!
- WORK YOUR BUTT OFF TO GET WHAT YOU WANT. Work hard in school, because grades can help you to get into the uni’s you want (if you want to go to uni.) Work hard to reach your ambitions and do anything possible to get where you want!
- YOUR LIFE IS NOT OVER IF YOU DON’T ACHIEVE CERTAIN THINGS IN SCHOOL. That one grade you don’t get is not going to affect the rest of your life! Like I said, grades can help you get into the uni that you want. But after uni, a lot of the time, grades don’t matter! Still work hard, but don’t stress too much, because life has so much to offer after school, aside from academics, grades, results etc!
- DON’T WORRY ABOUT LITTLE THINGS! For example, little things in school or in life generally. You’ll look back and regret the fact that you worried so much about that ‘little thing.’
- TOMORROW IS NEVER PROMISED! Live every day to the fullest and like it’s your last, because anything can happen tomorrow; you never know.
- IT’S OKAY TO FAIL. We all fail at some point in our life. Sometimes, failure and mistakes are good, because they makes you stronger and able to fight harder for what you want next time. That one mistake is not going to affect the rest of your life. Move on from it!
- DONT DWELL ON MISTAKES YOU’VE MADE! You can’t go back and change the mistake, so stop regretting so much and move on!
- Use REALITY and REJECTION as an incentive to fight harder for what you want, because ultimately you want to BEAT reality with you dreams and try harder to get what you want next time.
- DON’T LIVE IN THE PAST. LIVE IN THE PRESENT AND FOR THE FUTURE!
- APPRECIATE THE LITTLE THINGS IN LIFE, such as little comments and compliments. The little things can sometimes mean so much more than the bigger things.
- APPRECIATE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE, including family, friends, opportunities, etc and show appreciation!
- TAKE RISKS AND DON’T HOLD BACK! Experience new things outside your comfort zone, don’t be afraid and make life an adventure!
- YOU NEVER LOSE ANYTHING FROM A NEW OPPORTUNITY. Think about it, if an opportunity comes your way, you’ll either gain something from it or remain where you are. You’re never going to lose anything from a new opportunity, because before that opportunity came your way, it’s not like you already had what that opportunity offers…nothing was taken away from you, was it? Opportunities are ALWAYS a good thing. You ALWAYS gain something from an opportunity; you gain EXPERIENCE.
- JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE IS OF A HIGHER AUTHORITY THAN YOU, DOES NOT MEAN THAT THEY’RE ALWAYS RIGHT. Even if they have more power over you and you think, ‘Okay, they’re of a higher authority, they have to know what they’re talking about.’ NO! Sometimes they can be right, but not always. Don’t let one person’s words be the truth about you. You know yourself more than anybody else does and you know what you’re like, so if you 100% know that you’re right, then you probably are.
- JUST BECAUSE ONE PERSON SAYS NO, IT DOESN’T MEAN THAT EVERYONE WILL SAY NO! Someone else might say yes; people are looking for different things and have different opinions. If you don’t get that one thing you want, it doesn’t mean that you’re never going to get anything else you want or get that one thing you want soon. Things take time!
- NEVER LOSE HOPE AND ALWAYS HAVE FAITH IN YOURSELF. Believe in yourself and if you really want something and work hard to get it, you can get there eventually; no matter how long it takes.
I really hope you enjoyed reading this and hopefully it may have given you some advice or motivated you in some way! I’d love to know what YOU have learned whilst growing up!
Obviously I haven’t learned everything about life yet and still have a lot to learn, as I get older and experience new things in life. In all honesty, you never stop learning!
Something to leave you with and to think about:
It’s better to look back and say: ‘I can’t believe I did that,’ than ‘I wish I did that.’
Hope you have a lovely week,